gravityblog

I welcome all thoughtful and respectful comment about life, the universe and everything.

07 June 2006

Trust me, I'm a politician.

This is a cross-post from a forum at www.blackboxvoting.org

It is my response to the mullarkey about the "who could possibly want to sabotage an election?!" line that the voting machine vendors have been handing us. As if!

=GL


Mr Cortes, Mr Blackwell, Mr Bush, Mr Gonzales, Mr Manjoo and Mr Bellman:

Please do not request from me blind faith. I will have to say 'no' to that request. There are deep deficits in credibility by the parties who are asking me to trust them without verification.

At this point, it is not reasonable for one side of the 'voting machine debate' to ask the other for blind trust in any part of the argument.

Let's have consensus that all non-verifiable machines undergo public testing. While recognizing the economic value of secret proprietary software to Diebold and other vendors, we must recognize the more important value of transparent and fair elections to our free society.

If Diebold cannot be transparent with their software, then they shouldn't be in the business of making voting machines.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home